Coordinates and oversees security operations and personnel on an assigned shift. As a working supervisor, performs patrolling, surveillance, escorting, investigation and intervention services in an effort to protect the safety and security of patients, visitors, employees, physicians and property. Incumbent is authorized to make arrests in accordance with the state and local provisions.
Protective Services / Police Sgt for work assignments. Director of Security for administrative matters.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Obtain Private Protective Services armed certification within 90 days of hire or Graduate of accredited Basic Law Enforcement Training Program
- 3-5 years law-enforcement or armed security supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in health care or university campus experience preferred
- Commissioned as a law enforcement officer by the State of North Carolina or receive Private Protective Service’s armed certification within 90 days of hire.
- Must obtain North Carolina driver’s license within 90 days of hire
- CPI Certification (Must obtain within 90-days of hire). Recertification required every 2 years.
- BCLS Certification (Must obtain within 90-days of hire). Recertification required every 2 years.
- 2 years of experience Operations - Security/Surveillance.
- $17.92 - $26.88/hour